JOB TITLE: WELDER/ FABRICATOR – PRESSURE VESSELS, PROCESS PIPING AND GENERAL FABRICATION
REPORTS TO: MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
PREPARED DATE: DECEMBER 1, 2022
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for welding, fabricating and hydro testing of ASME Pressure Vessels and Process Piping.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment as required by the tasks at hand. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Preform 6G pipe certification in both carbon and stainless steel GMAW/ FCAW processes
- Perform carbon and stainless steel Sub Arc plate certification
- Routinely use plasma cutter, angle grinder and other hand tools
- Use proper procedures to layout, cut, fit and weld pressure vessels and piping
- Prepare vessels for hydro testing, including capping, filling and tear down
- Keep shop areas cleaned as needed
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree in Welding or Manufacturing preferred but not required
- Experience with ASME Code welding preferred
- Read and correctly interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work instructions, procedure manuals, blue prints
- Write and complete routine job travelers and time cards
- Ability to develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all team members
- Proficient: basic math skills with high attention to detail
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Read and interpret design documents and schematics
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in color, widths, and lengths of lines such as those on design and schematic drawings.
ADDITIONAL POSITION-RELATED DEMANDS:
This position is a safety-sensitive role, as defined in 14 CFR part 120. The employee will need to understand and acknowledge that they will be required to undergo a DOT/FAA pre-employment drug test for the prohibited drugs defined in 49 CFR § 40.3 and must receive a verified negative result prior to being hired or transferred into a DOT safety-sensitive position. The employee will also be subject to random, post-accident, reasonable cause, return-to-duty, and follow-up drug/alcohol testing. Any employee who refuses to submit to testing, will be terminated. Any employee testing positive for drugs or alcohol will be directed to an education/rehabilitation program to allow them to stay employed. The employee will need to test negative before returning to work. If the employee fails to test negative, further consequences will be taken and will result in termination of employment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, communicate well with others and accept constructive criticism
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope appropriately with interruptions
IMPORTANT NOTE: Essential functions of this job are described under the headings above. The job requirements and features are subject to change from time to time due to the dynamic nature of the Company.
It is the policy of Heartland Repair & Coatings not to discriminate or allow the harassment of employees or applicants on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law with regard to any employment practices, including recruitment, advertising, job application procedures, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, job assignments, benefits and/or other terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job. This policy applies to all jobs at the Company. The Company will continue to take affirmative action to ensure that individuals are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law in all employment practices.
Employees and applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans are encouraged to inform Human Resources if they need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job for which they are otherwise qualified. The Company makes, and will continue to make, reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to promote the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company’s business.